- PGDip (Gender Mainstreaming in Local Government)
- PGDip (IDP and Community Leadership)
- M.A (Recreation and Tourism)
- B Ed (Hons)
- 2012 to date – Lecturer at UKZN, offering Research Methodology and IT for Tourism, Survey of significant heritage sites in SA and Environmental Impacts of Tourism.
- 2009-2011 – Worked as a Researcher in Nkangala District Municipality.
- 2007-2008 – Lecturer at the University of Zululand offering Research Methodology in Tourism, Natural Resource Management and Customer Service Excellence.
- 1994-2006 – Taught at various high schools specializing in Geography, Afrikaans and Life Orientation.
- 1989-1993 –Worked as a Library Assistant at the University of Zululand.
- 1985: Sportswoman of the year, All Round Achiever: Emoyeni High School.
- 2004: Voted the best Educator of the year: Banqobile High School.
- 2009: Best Female Employee: Nkangala District Municipality
- Research Methodology in Tourism, Community Based Tourism, Ecotourism and Natural Resource Management, Coastal Tourism, Sustainable Development.
- Research Methodology and IT in Tourism, Environmental Impacts of Tourism, Survey of Significant Heritage Sites in SA.
- 2012 to date: Member and Spokesperson- Mangqakaza Development Task Team.
- PhD Research Topic: Local community participation in coastal tourism: Experiences from Nonoti Beach in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN).
Research in Progress
- Community participation as a strategy for sustaining livelihoods along the KZN North Coast.