- African literature
- African political thought and political theory
- Political Thought and Political Theory
- Hlongwane, G., & Mtshali, K. Journeys’ paths and healing in Simphiwe Dana’s music. Muziki: Journal of music research in Africa, 14(1), 46-51. Doi:1080/18125980.2017.1309127
- Hlongwane, G., & Mtshali, K. Mentoring, masculinity and reparation in Mgqolozana’s A Man Who is Not a Man. African Identities, 15(1), 100-111. Doi: 10.1080/14725843.2016.1175922
- Jiboku, P.A, Mtshali, K., & Okeke-Uzodike, U. (2017). African Peer Review Mechanism and the call for democratic developmental states in Africa. Journal of gender, information and development in Africa, 6(1&2), 135-162.
- Jiboku, P.A, & Mtshali, K. (2017). African Peer Review Mechanism and Regional Integration process: An impact evaluation. African integration and development review, 10, 1-25.
- Onwuegbuchulam, S.P.C., & Mtshali, K. (2017). Nigeria to be or not to be: A theoretical investigation into the problem of loss of national identity in Nigeria. Africa Today, 64(1), 74-97.
- Currently supervising postgraduate students in Political Science, International Relations, and Conflict Transformation and Peace Studies