and Public Affairs
|Campus||Howard College Campus|
MTB Ground Floor
- BA (UND); BA Hons (UND); MA (HSB, Germany); PhD
- Human Trafficking and Counter-Trafficking Governance, Child Pornography, Migration and Crime, Gender-Based Violence, Conflict, Unconventional Security Threats, Deviant Globalisation, Human Rights
- International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Transformation and Peace Studies, Political Philosophy, EU Studies, Comparative Politics
- Emser, M and Francis, S. 2017. ‘Counter-trafficking governance in South Africa: an analysis of the role of the KwaZulu-Natal human trafficking, prostitution, pornography and brothels task team’, Journal of Contemporary African Studies, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02589001.2017.1309363
- Emser, M and Francis, S. 2014. ‘Media waves and moral panicking: the case of the FIFA World Cup 2010’, Strategic Review for Southern Africa, Vol 36, No 2, 169–180.
- Emser, M and Francis, S. 2014. ‘Human trafficking in South Africa: Political conundrums and consequences’, in L. Asuelime and S. Francis (eds.), Selected Themes in African Studies: Political Conflict and Stability, Advances in African Economic, Social and Political Development, Springer International Publishing, 49–67.
- Member of the KwaZulu-Natal Human Trafficking, Harmful Traditional Practices, Prostitution, Pornography and Brothels Task Team (2009 – present)