|Discipline||Industrial Organisational and Labour Studies|
|Degree held||MA Social Policy (UDW), PHD (UDW)|
|Telephone:||031 260 7480|
|Office address:||MTB, First Floor|
- Cebekhulu, E. 2013. The Challenge of Youth unemployment in the ever changing world: A Case Study of Umsobomvu Fund in South Africa. Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology (JSAA). Special Volume 3. 61-70
- Cebekhulu, E. (2012) The Struggle for Jobs: A study from South Africa.
Loyola Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. XXVI, No 1, Jan-Jun. Kerala:
India. Page 39-56
- Cebekhulu, E. and Shezi, S. (2011) Umsobomvu Youth Fund: Providing the
right skills to create jobs. New Agenda Issue 42 South African Journal
of Social and Economic Policy. Second Quarter, Mill Street: Institute
for African Alternatives (IFAA). Page 51-53
- Cebekhulu, E. (2011) Working from a street corner: Conditions of
traders. South African Labour Bulletin. Volume 35 Number 3 Umanyano
Publication: Johannesburg. Page 18-20
- Cebekhulu, E. (2010) Livelihood Strategies of rural communities in South
Africa. Loyola Journal of Social Sciences Vol. XXIV, No 2, Jul-Dec.
Kerala: India. Page 111-125
- Cebekhulu, E. and Steyn, I. (2009) Community Participation in Social
Dialogue Institutions. New Agenda Issue 33. South African Journal of
Social and Economic Policy. First Quarter. Mill Street: Institute for
African Alternatives (IFAA).Page 30-33
- Cebekhulu, E. (2008) Present in Absentia: Community Constituency role in
corporatist institutions of Social Dialogue. Critical Dialogue: Public
Participation in Review. Volume 4 No 1. Centre for Public Participation:
Durban. Page 37-42 ISSN=1726-8494
- Cebekhulu, E. and Muzumbukilwa, W. (2007) Are Foreigners to blame for
our evils or have we lost our humanity? SALB. Volume 31 Number 2
May/June March. Umanyano Publications: Johannesburg. Page 8-11
Cebekhulu, E., Mantzaris, E.A. and Cebekhulu, E.N. (2007) Not Yet Uhuru.
Workers Struggles in a Neo-liberal University. Alternation 13, No 2
page 153-173 ISSN 1023-1757
- Cebekhulu E. and Mantzaris, E.A. (2006) Stop beating about the bush:
UKZN merger a tragic mishap. Alternation 13, 1 page 106-123 ISSN
- Cebekhulu E. and Mantzaris A. (2006) Labour Pains at UKZN. Alternation. 13, 1 Page 182-202 ISSN 1023-1757.
- Cebekhulu, E., Mantzaris, E.A. and Nhlapho, M. (2006) The Demise of Student Movement in Higher Education Institutions in South Africa: A Case Study of UKZN. Alternation 13,1 page 218-245 ISSN 1023-1757
- Cebekhulu, E., Steyn, I. and Mantzaris, E.A. (2006) Targeting Skills: New Training Model. SALB. Volume 30 October/November. Umanyano Publications: Johannesburg.
- Cebekhulu, E. (2005) Sweetheart Unionism at UKZN. SALB. Volume 29 Number 1 March. Umanyano Publications: Johannesburg. Page 55-59
- Cebekhulu E., Mantzaris E.A. Mduduzi, M. and Ngombane, B. (2005) From the Frying Pan into the Fire: Are domestic Workers still at risk? SALB. Volume 29 Number 5 October/November. Umanyano Publications, Johannesburg. Page 52-58
- Cebekhulu, E. (2004) Unions Where are they at. SALB. Volume 28. Number 1 February. Umanyano Publications: Johannesburg. Page 45-50
- Cebekhulu, E. (2004) Keeping Poverty at Bay: A case study of the two-legged meter taxis. 2004. SALB. Volume 28 Number 5 October. Umanyano Publications: Johannesburg.Page 64-51
- Cebekhulu, E. (2013) Umhlaba Uyahlaba! The World is Thorny! Socio-Economic Injustices of the Post- Apartheid South Africa. REACH Publishers.
- Cebekhulu, E. (2014). No Escaping Economic Pessimism: Labour unrest in the Mining Sector in South Africa. In Prospects and Challenges in Contemporary Africa: East and Southern Africa South Africa International Alumni Association, Press (SAIAAP). ISBN: 978-0-620-60203-7
- Cebekhulu, E. and Gordon, S. (2014). Politics of Service Delivery in the Post-apartheid South Africa. In Prospects and Challenges in Contemporary Africa: East and Southern Africa South Africa International Alumni Association, Press (SAIAAP). ISBN: 978-0-620-60203-7
- Cebekhulu, E. (2010) Politics, Money and Power the evil triplets of the new South Africa in Contemporary Social Issues in Africa. Institute of South Africa: Pretoria. Page 31-44. ISBN: 978-0-7983-0244-9
- Cebekhulu, E. and Mantzaris E.A. (2007) Old Wines in New Bottles: Striving for the Impossible in Durban. Undressing Durban. Durban: Madiba Publishers. Page 74-76 ISBN: 0-947445-68-4
- Mantzaris, E.A. and Cebekhulu, E. (2007) Life and Death in Banana City. Undressing Durban. Durban: Madiba Publishers. Page 166-172 ISBN: 0-947445-68-4
- Cebekhulu, E. and Mantzaris, E.A. (2007) The ‘devil’ himself walk through the streets of Durban. Undressing Durban. Durban: Madiba Publishers. Page 264-269 ISBN: 0-947445-68-4
- Mantzaris, E.A. and Cebekhulu, E. (2005) Organisational Democracy and Ongoing Challenge: Reflections from the University of KwaZulu-Natal. UKZN: Public Affairs and Corporate Communications. ISBN: 0-620-35197-7
Major Research Projects undertaken
- Sisonke District Service Delivery and Economic Infrastructure (2012)
- Customer Satisfaction Survey of the Sisonke District Municipality (2010-2011)
- ISRDP Department of Social Development Nodal Research 2008-2010
- NEDLAC Community Constituency Assessment (2008)
- Rural Crime Survey (2007)
- KZN Citizens Charter (2006)
- Labour Capital and State
- Trade Unions in South Africa
- Economic Policy, Labour Markets and Job Creation
- Globalization: Flexible Work and Labour Unions
Student Supervision Record
Masters Student Supervision Record
- Mr I. Steyn Ibrahim (Masters), The state of skills in the post-apartheid South African economy and society
- Miss N. Dlamini Nolwazi (Masters) , Skills Development in South African Industries: A Case Study of Beacon Sweets.
- Miss B. Ngombane Bulelwa (Masters), Taking Heat out of the kitchen: A case study of Domestic Workers in Rooihuiskraal.
- Mr N. Nhlapho Michael (Masters), The Demise of Student Movement in Higher Education Institutions in South Africa: A Case Study of UKZN.
- Miss C. Khumalo (Masters), Water supply, Transfer and Management in Rural Areas: A Case Study of Ndaleni in Richmond KZN.
- Mr J. Makhoba Jerry (Masters), The Social and Economic impact of Eco-tourism: Reviewing of Tourism Policy in Zwelisha in Drakenberg and Khula Village in St. Lucia KZN.
- Mr W. Muzumbuwakilwa (Masters), The Impact of Government Migration Policies on Foreigners known as ‘Amakwerekwere’ in South Africa
- Miss L. Phoku (Masters), Can recipients of the Child Social Grants in Banana City Informal Settlement generate livelihoods from the Grant?
- Mr S. Shezi (Masters), Has the Umsobomvu Youth Fund equipped the youth in KwaZulu Natal with the necessary skills to create jobs?
- Miss N. Gwala (Masters), The Role of foreigners from Mozambique in Local Economic Development of KwaNgwanase.
- Mr M. Khomo (Masters), The Impact of Water provision at Emahlongwa and Emalangeni rural communities
Honours Student Supervision record
- Miss H. Ndlela (Honours), Evaluation of the impact of skills development strategies at African Bank: A Case study of Durban West Street Branch
- S. Mbambo (Honours), Challenges facing outsourced contract workers in a neo-liberal University: A case study of Cleaners and Security Companies at UKZN Howard College Campus
PHD Student Supervision
- S. Kolawole (PHD), Labour Market Reforms and it Impact on Employment Security in Shell Petroleum in Nigeria.