- Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) – University of Natal;
- Masters in Social Science- University of Natal
- PhD (UKZN)
- Misgun, B; Bydawell, M & Burton, S. “Oribi Villiage Revisited: A
Case Study of Desegregation and Social Integration in South Africa”. Loyola Journal of the Social Sciences. 2009, XXIII (2), pp 195- 214.
- Liddell, C, Barrett L & Bydawell M. “Indigenous Beliefs and
Attitudes to AIDS precautions among young adults in a rural South
African community: An Empirical Study”. Annals of Behavioural Medicine. 2006, 32 (3), pp 218-225.
- Giles M; Liddell C & Bydawell M. “Condom Use in African Adolescents: The Role of Individual and group factors”. AIDS Care-Psychological and Socio-Medical aspects of Aids/ HIV. 2005, 17 (6), pp 729-739.
- Liddell, C, Barrett L & Bydawell M. “Indigenous Representations of Illness and HIV/Aids in Sub Saharan Africa”. Social Science & Medicine. 2005, 60 (4), pp 691-700.
- Piper, L, Macdonald, C, Bydawell M, Burton S & Dutton V. “They don’t
know who’s who in the zoo’: the strange failure of state-managed racial
desegregation in the government village of Oribi, Pietermaritzburg”. Society in Transition, 2005, 36 (1), pp 97 -112.
- Bydawell, M. “AFRA Confronts Gender Issues”. Gender and Development. 1997, 5 (1), pp 43-48.
- Socy 201: Classical Sociological Theory
- Socy202: Social Change
- Socy303: Contemporary theory- Sociology of Gender
- Socy305: Research Design: An Introduction
- Socy707: Rural Studies, Gender and Development
- Socy815: Comparative development