- B.Soc.Sc (Psychology, Sociology), B.Soc.ScHons (Sociology), M.Soc.Sc (Sociology)
- Development, poverty, Race, Class
- Research Methodology ( Quantitative methods), Classical and Contemporary Sociological Theories, Development
Papers in Conference:
- Rieker M & M Makhoba 2009. Decoding Multiple Choice Assessment: Lessons from the Extended Curriculum Programme in the Faculty of Humanities and Development and Social Sciences. Presented at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal 3rd Annual Teaching and Learning Conference. Durban 21-23 September.
- Makhoba M (2012). Mobilities and Inequalities’-Making the Connection in Post-Apartheid South Africa at the South African Sociological Association Conference at the University of Cape Town.